As SDLG construction equipment expands into North America, its Turlock, California, store will serve as the flagship for a network of experienced dealers selling SDLG wheel loaders.
SDLG recently celebrated the opening of its first store in Turlock, California, launching the company’s retail efforts in North America. The 10,000-ft² store, named VCES, is the brand’s first dedicated brick-and-mortar location in the region. Its grand opening marks the launch of SDLG’s dealer network.
Representatives from the SDLG dealer network and customers gathered at the store on October 24 to celebrate the occasion. Alan Quinn, director of SDLG North America, welcomed the attendees, as well as John Lazar, the mayor of Turlock, and Mike Mathews, VCES president. The event included speeches from honored guests, a ribbon-cutting ceremony, and demos and test drives of the LG959 and LG938L wheel loaders.
Quinn said the opening of VCES is an important milestone for SDLG’s wheel loader rollout into North America.
“We’re very excited to launch our new dealer network in North America, and we couldn’t think of a better place than Turlock,” he said. “It’s surrounded by a thriving agriculture industry and we have already connected with lots of excited customers who are interested in SDLG wheel loaders. We are honored to become a part of this great community.”
The SDLG dealer network, composed of seven companies in 12 locations, will sell the company’s field-proven construction equipment, as well as provide thorough parts and maintenance support. Each of the dealers in the network is equipped with a complete service center that offers customers a one-stop-shop for service and warranty work. Highly trained technicians at each location are able to work on SDLG loaders “from axles to engines.” A central parts depot in Atlanta, Georgia, will supply parts to all the dealers. All SDLG wheel loaders are fully backed by 12-month, 1,500-hour warranties.
Backbone of North American rollout
Quinn said SDLG’s dealer network is made up of knowledgeable dealers with many years of experience working with construction equipment. “This is a top-notch group of dealers who really know the business,” he said. “SDLG will be supported by companies that have been selling and servicing construction equipment for decades. They are the backbone of SDLG’s rollout into North America and we couldn’t be more confident in these dealers’ ability to serve the market.”
The dealer network locations include:
- Construction Machinery Industrial of Anchorage, Alaska. Established in 1985, this Alaskan-owned business operates from four locations, selling and renting construction and mining equipment, as well as providing parts and service support for a range of brands.
- Redhead Equipment of Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. Founded in 1948 under the name W.F. Fuller Machinery Limited, this dealer has received several awards for its work in the construction industry.
- ASC Construction Equipment of Bismarck, North Dakota; Buford, Georgia; Charlotte, North Carolina; and Piedmont, South Carolina. This company is a leader in the distribution, rental, sales and service of construction equipment for both the construction industry and public works sector.
- Sheehan Mack Sales & Equipment of Sioux Falls, South Dakota. This third-generation dealership provides quality customer service in the trucking and equipment industry.
- VCES of Turlock and Fresno, California. VCES Turlock is the SDLG 10,000-ft² flagship store. Both the Turlock and Fresno locations will provide full parts and service support for SDLG.
- ROMCO Equipment of Dallas and Houston, Texas. This family-owned business was founded in 1961 and has eight branches that cover more territory than any other dealer in Texas.
- Vantage Equipment of Syracuse, N.Y. This construction equipment provider was established in 2004 to serve upstate New York. The company also supplies the paving, material handling, drilling and sewage markets, among others.
Eyeing the future
SDLG has two wheel loaders available in North America: The LG938L – a 2.4 yd3 (1.8 m3) loader with a rated load of 3 U.S. tons, and the LG959 – a 4 yd3 (3.1 m3) loader with a rated load of 5 U.S. tons. Both loaders will be available for sale at all of the dealer locations, including the flagship store in Turlock, California.